Users everywhere already know and prefer messaging for friends and family, so why not provide that same engagement opportunity within your ad units? In today’s modern marketing landscape, this is known as Conversational Advertising.
Conversational Advertising: Measuring the impact of Click-to-Message (CTM) Ads
April 26, 2021
April 26, 2021
👉 Conversational Advertising: digital ads that initiate conversation between your brand and consumers.
Reports have shown that customers are seeking the ability to message brands.
89% of users want to connect with businesses via messaging, which they already know and prefer.
Business leaders say chatbots have increased sales by 67% on average
If you are planning to explore Conversational Advertising and test if it works for your brand, you will first need to understand the success metrics of a Click-to-Message (CTM) Ads. In this article, we will help you get started by sharing with you on how to measure the impact of CTM Ads.
Kia Motors Click-to-Message Ads
How do CTM ads drive business performance?
1. Quality – Is the user experience positive?
- a. Avg. message length
- b. CSAT
- c. # of sessions
2. Performance – Do CTM ads drive your key KPIs?
- a. Clicks (CPC/CTR/ Cost Per New Messaging Connection)
- b. Message Conversions
- c. ROAS or CPA/CPL
3. Audiences – Who is engaging with the Message ads?
- a. New vs. existing customers
- b. Impressions and clicks by audience
You can benchmark against other ads unit’s performance by comparing if there are any improvements in CTR and Conversion Rate or decreases in CPL.
How do CTM ads fit into your marketing strategy?
1. How does it compare to other tactics?
Comparing performance to other Facebook ad formats on metrics like CTR, CPC, ROAS can help you understand how the CTM ads has performed for you.
However, keep in mind that the performance and features of CTM ads are expected to evolve over time – therefore, any comparisons to other ad formats should be made with this context.
2. What consumer needs do CTM ads fulfill?
CTM ads are intended to delight customers. To better understand how you’re reaching consumers, use Ads Reporting tool in Facebook Ads Manager (or AiChat Ads analytics) to measure CTR, CPC, and other metrics. You can also compare CTM ads to other ad formats to uncover unique use cases.
Improve the performance of your CTM ads campaigns
1. Identify the best and worst messaging experiences
Leverage the Ads reporting tool to understand which types of consumer needs your messaging experience can better cater to in order to drive higher campaign performance.
2. Improve your messaging experience
○ Update your Chatbot with answers for frequently asked questions
○ Consider integrating deep learning A.I to your messaging experience for more complex inquiries
○ For Retailers, consider integrating your eCommerce into your messaging experience with the help of AiChat Conversational Commerce Suite
3. Sync up your Chatbot solution with your Facebook Ads Manager
With AiChat Conversational Marketing Suite, you can easily connect your Facebook Ads manager and create CTM ads to engage your audiences.
4. Personalised CTM Ads
Facebook Custom Audiences offer some of the best targeting available. They are highly defined groups of people who already have a relationship with your business, such as past customers or people who have chatted with your chatbot.
- Facebook F8 2021 Recap: Messenger API for Instagram, new WhatsApp for Business features, and more
- Contextual AI: The Future of Chatbots?
- 3 Ways to Acquire Customers via Facebook Messenger
- Conversational Advertising: Measuring the impact of Click-to-Message (CTM) Ads
- How to Improve Customer Service Response Time with an AI Chatbot