With safe distancing and crowd control measures implemented in varying degrees across the globe, brands have had to innovate around balancing the adherence to precautionary mandates whilst resuming sales activities.
Mobile Sales Comes to “Live”
June 30, 2020
June 30, 2020
Source: Kia Singapore’s Facebook Page
Cycle and Carriage Singapore exemplified this through their first ever Live Stream sales event via Facebook Live and Messenger. Teaming up with homegrown star, Aiken, from Night Owl Cinematics and us at AiChat, they brought the showroom experience to households for 2 models, the Kia Cerato GT Line and the Mitsubishi Outlander.
The format was not foreign – Aiken and the respective car brand reps stood in front of a live camera and conversed over the perks of the model and more importantly, the promotion that was exclusive to this session. And yes, they had face shields on.
Beyond the engaging interaction between the hosts, viewers had a few distinct interactions facilitate by virtual agents from both Kia Motors and Mitsubishi Motors’ Facebook pages:
- Enter the keywords in the live comments section
- The virtual assistants will respond to the comments and notify viewers to watch out for more on Messenger
- Pop up or notification via Messenger talks viewers through a form for their details
- Upon completion, the promo code is released!
The livestream-chatbot experience was seamless and allowed the chemistry of the hosts to not be impeded as they continued to explore different features and even address other questions that were being raised, while the chatbot ensured immediacy of follow up to the live participants to spur their engagement.
As the promotion was only valid for that weekend, the chatbot would also remind viewers who had redeemed promo code to shop now or miss out on the best ever promo price.
The results were impactful – 35% of the viewers commented to trigger the chatbot promo code, from which a whopping 75% went on to redeem the promo code. A great start for such an initiative in the automotive sales scene and we’re stoked about what lies ahead!
- Why Conversational CX is the Modern Marketer’s Most Powerful Tool
- Integrate Social Messaging Into Your CX Mix
- 5 Powerful Strategies To Improve Customer Experience
- Why Retailers Should Use Chatbots to Transform Their Digital Marketing Strategy
- Marketing automation statistics and 2021 trends every business should know